The Arona Town Council provides its webcams as a noncommercial service in order to satisfy a rising demand by citizens, potential visitors and Internet users.
- The terms and terminology used thereon are depicted as follow:
- Webcam live image: Image sourced from urls such as http://webcamftp.arona.org/webcam/webcam/LasVistas1.jpg (url subject to change at any time without notice) which imply access to current camera image or the latest one which does update periodically.
- The automatic refresh of a webcam image in other sites is prohibited. Embedding those images in different sites implies an unauthorized use of our bandwidth for your benefit and at the expense of our own users.
- You are not allowed to display our site (in whole or in part) in another website using a frame, coding or by any other means of inclusion.
- It is prohibited to insert live images (even when they are not automatically refreshed) into other sites. Thus, we recommend capturing a single snapshot from the camera, upload it on your own web server and display the still image in your websites as a sample of our webcams.
- The Arona Town council might make exceptions with reference to the last point. For example, sites with noncommercial interests and weather related, is obvious that will be in need of updated images. In that case and as long as this particular sites still observe the rest of terms of restrictions, it would be allowed to use live images but without automatic refresh. The inclusion on that exception list falls within Arona Town Council which will evaluate whether a site fulfils the requirements or not and will be able to cancel your membership on the list at any time.
- When a click on an image or similar action takes place because a user has the intention of seeing a full size or a refreshed image should redirect the user to the official site in order to show a live image in its original context and size, and automatic refresh. You should use the following base URL:
http://webcams.arona.org/webcam/ and add a string linked to a specific webcam, such as http://webcams.arona.org/webcam/LasVistas1 . Currently the list of strings is LasVistas1, LasGalletas1, LasGalletas2, Guaza1, Guaza2 and Arona1 (this list obviously can change).
- It is mandatory to use a representative and visible text which relates the image with the Arona Town Council and cite our webcams site as your source. That text has to include one or several of the following links, depending on the intended audience:
Arona Town Council could implement technical measures to enforce these rules.
Last updated: Thursday, August 18, 2011